What should be considered when finding an intern places in Malaysia (from Private University pov)



Hai there. Today I would like to share some on my up and down when I start hustling to find my internship place in my last semester in university.

When talking about this particular subject, one important things that could help you secure a place related with your subject studies is your STUDENT DEVELOPMENT UNITS. More likely the helps you can get from your university itself. Take it from me, my university help a lot when I was first struggling. What they help were:

(1)letters related to request for internship-formal letters with letterheads from university.

For this particular things, my university has designated a person in charge that will supervised any questions own how to, we have a designated website where we can generated a formal letters, y means of typing only the organisation’ name, address, phone number, fax numbers, emails and the person that will oversee this. Type all of it, and we can generate the letters, before email those to the organisation’s/company.

 (2) reply letters for the organisation.

I also have a specific letters for the company to reply to us via emails too, on  whether they accepted us or not. And if they accepted us, do they paid us for our periods internship and how much per month. When I internship in district council I didn’t get any allowance for the organisations. And I’m too lazy to ask why,but my friends who were also intern in the same organisation but different state do get the allowance. Ini  pun sebab  syed saddiq Yang fight untuk students dapat  elaun kalau tak, tak merasa la.

 (3)A step/guide on how do I start requesting the places.

We also have a seminar or a briefing meetings organised with the PIC for this internship. We were guide on how to, when we can start apply, how many we should go for, how do we make our resume to attract the attention of the organisation and where we could possibly applied. It was very much helpful for us. And also, if we couldn’t get any places, the PIC help us connecting with the organisation that still accept students to interned.

4)During the internship

Up until our internship, we were also guided on how to score good marks, what our reports should cover, our marks for the presentation after our internship. The visiting lecturers to our workplace and the final report for the semesters. Wow, that was truly helpful. And also, the marks that the pic in the company to marking wee in a designated websites with user Id and password for them. No more writing reports or old styles marking.


But, it was also important for you students applying to organisation or company to apply the positions that could help you in finding knowledge and experience for your future jobs. Find a place that related with your fields and the one that can help you experience the actual job experience. Of course there would be rejections and accepting from the company but be wise and choose carefully.


p.s my previous university was the University Kuala Lumpur. I did my bachelor degree there. It was my precious moments in  my life. Those moments that  I treasure


Comments